Prolific Nigerian Gospel Singer, Songwriter and Music Minister, Nathaniel Bassey shares what a true music minister should be made of at the just concluded International Music Ministers Conference organized by Dunamis International Gospel Centre at Glory Dome, Airport Road, Abuja Nigeria.
Nathaniel Bassey shares below:
If you are a music minister, you are a minister of the gospel in songs music ministers are people who are appointed by God to serve. Who is a Music Minister? “A music minister is someone who serves in Word and Spirit, using sound, rhythm and harmony”
Difference between Music Ministry and Music Industry
- In music ministry, service is the mentality; in the music industry, celebrity is the mentality
Can you evaluate yourself now?
- In the music ministry, it is about Jesus and pleasing Him; in the music industry, it is about the artist and pleasing the fans.
- When God wants to change your life, He puts you under a pastor. The way you are behaving as a music minister (going to and fro) is because you don’t have an encounter.
- When you are called to minister, you are called to minister first unto the Lord, and then unto men.
- The blood that purchased me was free of charge, so I (Nathaniel Bassey) minister free of charge.
- The moment I place a charge for my ministry, I exclude some people. Those who can’t meet up will find someone else.
So, therefore, I prioritize ministry over “moneystry”
If you are minding the envelope, you will not develop. There are dimensions God cannot use you if Mammon is controlling you